One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small radio transceiver with a generator powered by means of a foot pedal.‘the pedal wireless made communication possible and reduced isolation in the outback’
- ‘The Aerial Medical Service was made possible by the pedal wireless set that Traeger had first trialled in 1926.’
- ‘Wireless telephone apparatus was installed in 1930 and a pedal wireless set on 28 March 1938.’
- ‘He is already pulling the old-school-of-the-air pedal wirelesses out of storage for all you regressives to use.’
- ‘He developed a generator that could be satisfactorily operated by foot power to provide the necessary voltage—and pedal wireless was born!’
- ‘It was from this building that Birdsville's first pedal wireless broadcast occurred in 1929.’
- ‘The display features images of a family operating a pedal wireless on an outback veranda.’
- ‘The beauty of pedal wireless was that the operator's hands were free to write down messages as they pedalled away.’
- ‘With the development of the pedal wireless in 1929, communications between people of the outback became possible and reduced the feeling of isolation.’
- ‘This book presents some of those remarkable inventions, including the pedal wireless, the lifesaving reel, and the pop-top can.’
- ‘The birth of the "flying doctor" was aided by the devising of the Traeger pedal wireless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.