One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A child's pedal-operated car.
- ‘My mother claims that Richard and I met by crashing our pedal cars together, but I don't remember it.’
- ‘Neil remembers that when he was about two or three years old his father made him a wooden pedal car, which he really enjoyed.’
- ‘The pedal car, which has recently been exhibited at classic car shows, is in fully restored condition, complete with its dummy engine and working headlights.’
- ‘There were also pedal cars and enough floorspace to drive them around.’
- ‘I started driving fast when I was 2 years old with a pedal car.’
- ‘He has been keen on motorsport since getting his first pedal car at the age of four - once he found out they went quicker with engines there was no looking back!’
- ‘There are even two children's cars - a bright racing red pedal car hangs from a shelf, while a faded blue car - complete with engine - sits waiting for repair on a table.’
- ‘This week sees the introduction of new TV-inspired pedal cars for kids.’
- ‘Children from Little Elliott's Day Nursery, Elliott Road, Bromley, got on their bikes, trikes or into their pedal cars for the sponsored event.’
- ‘We had a big paper zebra crossing (actually a roll of wallpaper painted black and white) and pedal cars to use as traffic.’
- ‘Any copper worth his salt can prove anybody's committed a traffic offence - even a 3 year old in a pedal car.’
- ‘The Magnetic Poetry magnate has become an informal adviser, and the guy who reintroduced pedal cars is hoping to invest.’
- ‘Victorian dolls' houses, pedal cars and even our special mahogany rocking horses for £3,500 have been selling very well.’
- ‘He wanted to take his pedal car and I helped him take it down the steps on the walk to the path near the pool.’
- ‘As summer arrived, so did the big wooden crates bringing wonderful dolls, mechanical toys, pedal cars, tricycles, scooters, dolls' prams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.