One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small pleasure boat driven by pedals.
- ‘Motor-driven launches, powerboats, pedal boats and rowboats are in great demand in the tourist spots of Veli-Akkulam.’
- ‘The orphans enjoyed trips to the Aquadome, Fenit Sea-world, Blennerville Windmill, the pedal boats in Castlegregory and the bumpers in Ballybunion.’
- ‘As the pedal boat landed on shore, Louis and one of the men who was on the pedal boat carried Stephen off from the boat and laid him on the sand.’
- ‘His mode of transport was a pedal boat such as you might see on some recreational lake in the US.’
- ‘But the only person the crew encountered was a white-bearded, obstinate Elmore Hays, in a pedal boat, who rebuffed calls to leave.’
- ‘Earlier there used to be simple pedal boats for tourists, now a motorboat rips through the waters, streaking foam.’
- ‘In some cases pedal boats are fine and, anyway, there weren't any complaints.’
- ‘One attraction were pedal boats, which ‘even children could handle’, said the organisers.’
- ‘It's quite something, in this dry country, to see women in burkas riding pedal boats in Herat's municipal water-park, as well as a lunatic asylum and a drug rehabilitation clinic in a country not known for its social infrastructure.’
- ‘For the energetic, pedal boats, rowing boats, canoes and rafts, will be available for hire throughout the weekend.’
- ‘Silt from the stream is grounding pedal boats.’
- ‘The department that operates ten pedal boats has no life-jackets.’
- ‘All of the amenities are at hand, including tennis courts, squash, minigolf, windsurfing, pedal boats, kayaks, water-skiing, parasailing, scuba diving and fitness areas.’
- ‘Catering to the increasing demand for pedal boats, rowing boats, etc., are entrepreneurs, who have put up boat-building docks alongside the backwaters.’
- ‘Th resort has a wide, pebble-strewn beach; you can rent canoes, pedal boats, kayaks, and beach toys.’
- ‘In the long run, the park will provide some entertainment to its human visitors too as the Refineries plans to make available pedal boats.’
- ‘The Corporation has procured two pedal boats, which will start operation soon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.