One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A performance-enhancing drug.‘he's admitted to using PEDs in the past’
- ‘After proving his mettle in training, he is delivered a dose of Super Serum, a PED that instantly makes him bigger, stronger, and faster than just about any other human alive.’
- ‘Some sports like track and cycling are jokes in regard to PEDs.’
- ‘It looks like PEDs are going to be right back into the spotlight for a while.’
- ‘Yeah, I think PEDs are in the back of everyone's head at this point with his injury problems.’
- ‘A decade later he wrote a book detailing exactly that scenario: he had been the first to openly proselytize for PED use in locker rooms.’
- ‘He is again trying to distance himself from this week's controversy involving PEDs and a Miami clinic.’
- ‘While obvious fingers point to less PEDs and better pitching, a couple of guys wanted to talk about the uncommonly bad weather we've had this year.’
- ‘The problem comes from the writers who will never vote for anyone who was even associated with PEDs.’
- ‘I'm not sure PEDs ever made a .270 hitter a .330 hitter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.