One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Italian cheese made from ewes' milk.
- ‘Having grown up milking sheep with his father in order to make pecorino, Tony is also discerning concerning commercially-produced cheeses.’
- ‘Divide between two warm bowls, drizzle with olive oil and grated pecorino.’
- ‘We also got a bottle of wine, and a hunk of wonderful pecorino that's almost all gone now.’
- ‘Kev and Liz sampled the linguine with sun dried tomato, artichokes and pecorino.’
- ‘Beat the ricotta and mascarpone together then stir in the grated pecorino and cheddar.’
Italian, from pecorino ‘of ewes’, from pecora ‘sheep’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.