One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This was the pebbly bit across the road from the shops.’
- ‘The crowd were standing on a slanted pebbly beach.’
- ‘On the pebbly beach we immediately encounter the first of the thousands of penguins we will meet over the next week and a half.’
- ‘But anyways, I keep finding these round pebbly things.’
- ‘These are ideal for pebbly or rocky beaches and for getting into and out of the sea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.