One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It appeared the boys had got themselves relatively merry before walking home along the pebbled beach.’
- ‘The floor under the stairs is pebbled with a wall-length glass panel window overlooking the well-kept garden.’
- ‘We sat on the pebbled beach and watched the sun setting.’
- ‘Just when you think you've gone the wrong way, the sea becomes visible ahead and the path opens out on to a glorious pebbled beach.’
- ‘A handsome man strides along a pebbled beach in New England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.