One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We sat on the pebbled beach and watched the sun setting.’
- ‘The floor under the stairs is pebbled with a wall-length glass panel window overlooking the well-kept garden.’
- ‘A handsome man strides along a pebbled beach in New England.’
- ‘Just when you think you've gone the wrong way, the sea becomes visible ahead and the path opens out on to a glorious pebbled beach.’
- ‘It appeared the boys had got themselves relatively merry before walking home along the pebbled beach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.