One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The curtains were drawn on the downstairs windows of the red and yellow pebble-dashed house, which is beside a row of council houses, at the end of Union Street.’
- ‘When we got it, it was pebble-dashed all over in a sort of garish yellow colour.’
- ‘In the lane next to the field stood a row of generously proportioned, pebble-dashed council houses with long back gardens put up in the 1920s.’
- ‘Built in 1998, the single-storey pebble-dashed house is presented in very good decorative order.’
- ‘A pebble-dashed cove can feel like your own private hideaway from the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.