One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish of split peas boiled with onion and carrot and mashed to a pulp.
- ‘Pork, black pudding, a slice of apple and pease pudding were placed in a tier with a tasty juice artistically dribbled round.’
- ‘They are very good with lentils, pease pudding or polenta, as well as potatoes.’
- ‘In the town centre we got Saveloy Dips, which were basically sausages, pease pudding and stuffing, in a bun.’
- ‘Jenkins appeared with two plates containing slices of chicken, carrots, potatoes, and pease pudding.’
- ‘For years they were happy selling pease pudding, dripping and pigeon feed to soot-faced coalminers on cobbled street-corners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.