One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small onion used for pickling.
- ‘Add the pearl onions and sauté until translucent.’
- ‘Add the celery, pearl onions, carrots, potatoes, sage, and thyme.’
- ‘Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes, pearl onions, carrots, morels, and baby leeks to a bowl and set aside, keeping warm.’
- ‘Also occupying the plate were little pearl onions, which were great, though they had a pungent, gamey flavour to them.’
- ‘Add the tripe, pearl onions, white wine, black peppercorns and remaining apple vinegar and sauté until tender.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.