One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small onion used for pickling.
- ‘Add the tripe, pearl onions, white wine, black peppercorns and remaining apple vinegar and sauté until tender.’
- ‘Add the pearl onions and sauté until translucent.’
- ‘Also occupying the plate were little pearl onions, which were great, though they had a pungent, gamey flavour to them.’
- ‘Add the celery, pearl onions, carrots, potatoes, sage, and thyme.’
- ‘Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes, pearl onions, carrots, morels, and baby leeks to a bowl and set aside, keeping warm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.