One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who dives for pearl oysters.
- ‘Once the supply of pearls available through trade was exhausted, the Spanish began organizing pearl-harvesting ventures involving the use of slaves as pearl divers.’
- ‘One such edict imposed the death penalty on anyone forcing a free Indian to become a pearl diver.’
- ‘In this fishy world, the pearl diver emerges as a strange kind of hero.’
- ‘Kino is a young pearl diver who feels his obligation to his family very strongly.’
- ‘A champion Greek pearl diver might possibly be able to work with that, but not I’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.