One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Barley reduced to small round grains by grinding.
- ‘I spoke to Daisy today as I could not find the pearl barley.’
- ‘It reminded me of a story I heard about someone in a supermarket who asked an assistant where she could find pearl barley.’
- ‘By the main course we are struggling, but I am determined to conquer my grilled loin of lamb with pearl barley and mushroom risotto.’
- ‘Some are delightfully delicate: seared salmon with pearl barley and a soy and chilli dip.’
- ‘Simmer the pearl barley in a litre of water for about 45 minutes, or until tender.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.