One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small boiled sweet in the shape of a pear, with a pungently sweet flavour.
- ‘Pineapple cubes, lemon sherberts, pear drops and rhubarb & custards were some of my favourites.’
- ‘Evocative sweetshop aromas supported by caramel and pear drops give way to a dry, citrus finish.’
- ‘It is luxuriously rich and fruity, the aftertaste reminiscent of pear drops.’
- ‘He has an impressive array of sweet jars, including aniseed balls, pear drops, and Spanish, honey and butter toffee.’
- ‘Yes, I could just stick to one or two I like, but frankly, that feels like going to the world's biggest sweet shop and only asking for a small bag of pear drops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.