One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paste of ground roasted peanuts, usually eaten spread on bread.
- ‘Greg came out of the kitchen to greet him, eating a rice cake with peanut butter.’
- ‘Instead I had to settle for a piece of bread with some peanut butter and a glass of water.’
- ‘Rocky gave her a weak smile as he spread peanut butter on four slices of white bread.’
- ‘Ross stood behind the counter, rapidly spreading peanut butter onto a piece of bread.’
- ‘I'll whip up some celery and peanut butter, with a tuna sandwich and soup for an entrée.’
- ‘Others eat them with a slab of cheese on top or slathered with peanut butter or cream cheese.’
- ‘He stood at the counter spreading peanut butter on a slice of bread when he felt a tug on his t-shirt.’
- ‘We had run out of peanut butter, milk, bread and dog food - all pretty much essential in our house.’
- ‘The second meal is a quarter loaf of brown bread with peanut butter and margarine.’
- ‘I stared around the marble counter and saw a loaf of bread and some peanut butter.’
- ‘Stewart passed the bacon and Dan spread peanut butter on the toast and put the bacon on top of the toast.’
- ‘These apparently consisted of whole baguettes stuffed one foot high with bacon, peanut butter and strawberry jam.’
- ‘An apple with a small helping of peanut butter or even plain popcorn with no butter or salt may fill you up.’
- ‘Beat together peanut butter, honey, sugar and butter until light and fluffy.’
- ‘I'd bring by little pieces of bread with peanut butter on them and see if you can become buddies with them.’
- ‘I grabbed some peanut butter and spread it on my toast just as my mother walked in the door.’
- ‘Because peanuts are packed with energy it's best not to overindulge in peanut butter unless you're trying to put on weight.’
- ‘Another thing I'll do is cut up an apple or a banana and put peanut butter on it.’
- ‘I also knew a kid whose little brother ate peanut butter, ham and mayonnaise sandwiches.’
- ‘I tell my clients that foods such as cheese, peanut butter and meat are great to eat at this time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.