One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paste of ground roasted peanuts, usually eaten spread on bread.
- ‘I grabbed some peanut butter and spread it on my toast just as my mother walked in the door.’
- ‘The second meal is a quarter loaf of brown bread with peanut butter and margarine.’
- ‘We had run out of peanut butter, milk, bread and dog food - all pretty much essential in our house.’
- ‘Greg came out of the kitchen to greet him, eating a rice cake with peanut butter.’
- ‘I'd bring by little pieces of bread with peanut butter on them and see if you can become buddies with them.’
- ‘Another thing I'll do is cut up an apple or a banana and put peanut butter on it.’
- ‘Instead I had to settle for a piece of bread with some peanut butter and a glass of water.’
- ‘Ross stood behind the counter, rapidly spreading peanut butter onto a piece of bread.’
- ‘I stared around the marble counter and saw a loaf of bread and some peanut butter.’
- ‘Others eat them with a slab of cheese on top or slathered with peanut butter or cream cheese.’
- ‘Because peanuts are packed with energy it's best not to overindulge in peanut butter unless you're trying to put on weight.’
- ‘Beat together peanut butter, honey, sugar and butter until light and fluffy.’
- ‘I'll whip up some celery and peanut butter, with a tuna sandwich and soup for an entrée.’
- ‘He stood at the counter spreading peanut butter on a slice of bread when he felt a tug on his t-shirt.’
- ‘Rocky gave her a weak smile as he spread peanut butter on four slices of white bread.’
- ‘I also knew a kid whose little brother ate peanut butter, ham and mayonnaise sandwiches.’
- ‘An apple with a small helping of peanut butter or even plain popcorn with no butter or salt may fill you up.’
- ‘These apparently consisted of whole baguettes stuffed one foot high with bacon, peanut butter and strawberry jam.’
- ‘I tell my clients that foods such as cheese, peanut butter and meat are great to eat at this time.’
- ‘Stewart passed the bacon and Dan spread peanut butter on the toast and put the bacon on top of the toast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.