One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paste of ground roasted peanuts, usually eaten spread on bread.
- ‘We had run out of peanut butter, milk, bread and dog food - all pretty much essential in our house.’
- ‘An apple with a small helping of peanut butter or even plain popcorn with no butter or salt may fill you up.’
- ‘Beat together peanut butter, honey, sugar and butter until light and fluffy.’
- ‘He stood at the counter spreading peanut butter on a slice of bread when he felt a tug on his t-shirt.’
- ‘I tell my clients that foods such as cheese, peanut butter and meat are great to eat at this time.’
- ‘I grabbed some peanut butter and spread it on my toast just as my mother walked in the door.’
- ‘I'd bring by little pieces of bread with peanut butter on them and see if you can become buddies with them.’
- ‘Another thing I'll do is cut up an apple or a banana and put peanut butter on it.’
- ‘I also knew a kid whose little brother ate peanut butter, ham and mayonnaise sandwiches.’
- ‘Greg came out of the kitchen to greet him, eating a rice cake with peanut butter.’
- ‘Rocky gave her a weak smile as he spread peanut butter on four slices of white bread.’
- ‘Instead I had to settle for a piece of bread with some peanut butter and a glass of water.’
- ‘I stared around the marble counter and saw a loaf of bread and some peanut butter.’
- ‘I'll whip up some celery and peanut butter, with a tuna sandwich and soup for an entrée.’
- ‘Because peanuts are packed with energy it's best not to overindulge in peanut butter unless you're trying to put on weight.’
- ‘The second meal is a quarter loaf of brown bread with peanut butter and margarine.’
- ‘Others eat them with a slab of cheese on top or slathered with peanut butter or cream cheese.’
- ‘Stewart passed the bacon and Dan spread peanut butter on the toast and put the bacon on top of the toast.’
- ‘These apparently consisted of whole baguettes stuffed one foot high with bacon, peanut butter and strawberry jam.’
- ‘Ross stood behind the counter, rapidly spreading peanut butter onto a piece of bread.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.