One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The hypothetical point in time when the global production of oil reaches its maximum rate, after which production will gradually decline.
- ‘There is optimism that the Northern Rivers region could become a leader in a peak oil future.’
- ‘Yet the emerging supply demand imbalance is only the beginning of the peak oil problem.’
- ‘The Government is failing to apply its foresight on climate change to the closely related issue of peak oil.’
- ‘Prices cannot go much higher without us beginning to feel the foreshocks of a peak oil catastrophe.’
- ‘In November, the City of Denver will co-host the first national conference on peak oil production in nearly a decade.’
- ‘The timing of peak oil is of more than academic importance.’
- ‘Kunstler relates the now standard warning about a flu pandemic, whose impact he says will be magnified by its coincidence with peak oil.’
- ‘Energy Bulletin is a terrific compilation of peak oil reports from the mainstream news media.’
- ‘For a more general response to common peak oil criticisms, you can explore my Peak Oil Media Guide from last year.’
- ‘They also provide a massive opportunity to help cope with peak oil.’
- ‘In peak oil terminology we are over the cliff.’
- ‘Unlike some people, I don't think peak oil will destroy civilisation.’
- ‘The onset of peak oil will devastate the suburban American way of life.’
- ‘Liberal Democrat concerns are led by John Hemming, who chairs the 32-member all-party parliamentary group on peak oil.’
- ‘Whether or not peak oil is upon us, the end of the cheap oil era certainly is.’
- ‘These investments would perhaps give the fund an advantage in the second phase of peak oil.’
- ‘Lots of people here talk all the time about global warming, or peak oil, or conservative scheming, or an asteroid impact.’
- ‘There is a large body of expert opinion, marshalling impressive statistics, which is convinced that peak oil is imminent.’
- ‘Peak oil makes the search for alternative energy sources more pressing.’
- ‘About 50 countries, including the United States, have already passed their point of peak oil output, he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.