A calibrated instrument used to measure lung capacity in monitoring breathing disorders such as asthma.
- ‘Recent efforts to increase public awareness about asthma have focused on use of peak flowmeters, control of environmental triggers for asthma, and use of anti-inflammatory agents.’
- ‘Because of the reversible component of asthma, the use of peak flowmeters to determine airflow on a continued basis is practical and seems to have resulted in improved outcomes.’
- ‘All patients were trained to use the peak flowmeter.’
- ‘Repeated lung function measurements using portable peak flowmeters have resulted in improved outcomes.’
- ‘In addition, although 26% of respondents reported having a peak flowmeter, only 16% used it on a daily basis.’