One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat cap with a peak at the front.
- ‘In the past the hat has been used as an indication of wealth or status within society, for example at the turn of the twentieth century you had top hats referring to the upper classes and the peak cap to the working classes.’
- ‘This guy has got a peak cap on and everything, he tells us he's off to get the limo’.’
- ‘Four young boys, dressed in blue overalls and different coloured peak caps, sat astride four large ostriches and held on tightly to the reins.’
- ‘He had a white peak cap on his head which was turned backwards.’
- ‘He had added colour with a blue backwards peak cap.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.