One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large crested pheasant found mainly in Asia.
Two genera and three species in the family Phasianidae, in particular the widely introduced common peafowl (Pavo cristatus)
- ‘In fact, it is only a matter of time before an accident is caused by a driver attempting to avoid a peafowl.’
- ‘Other birds which are grouped with the pheasant include peacock-pheasant and peafowl.’
- ‘A final goal was to determine if the grey peacock pheasant is a pheasant or a peafowl.’
- ‘Despite their notorious long-distance calls, courting peafowl do not vocalize in that situation.’
- ‘By now very interested in peafowl, I began to make inquiries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.