Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large crested pheasant found mainly in Asia.
- ‘Other birds which are grouped with the pheasant include peacock-pheasant and peafowl.’
- ‘Despite their notorious long-distance calls, courting peafowl do not vocalize in that situation.’
- ‘A final goal was to determine if the grey peacock pheasant is a pheasant or a peafowl.’
- ‘In fact, it is only a matter of time before an accident is caused by a driver attempting to avoid a peafowl.’
- ‘By now very interested in peafowl, I began to make inquiries.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.