Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a person's complexion) of a cream colour with downy pink cheeks.
pale, light, light-coloured, white, cream-coloured, creamy, peaches and creamView synonyms
- ‘Her eyes are a beautiful shade of blue and her skin is peaches and cream.’
- ‘He was tall and handsome, in the all-American kind of way, with blond hair, blue eyes, peaches and cream complexion, and a killer smile.’
- ‘Her peaches and cream complexion glowed and her face held pure contentment.’
- ‘The bride, not noted for a peaches and cream complexion, looked beautiful.’
- ‘Her peaches and cream complexion positively glowed against the white satin, her red hair even more vibrant than usual, piled in curls on top of her head.’
- ‘It most often affects people who blush easily, have a fair skin, and what is often called a peaches and cream complexion.’
- ‘Her lips were a quivering blue and her deathly pallor betrayed her usual peaches and cream complexion.’
- ‘He was about six feet tall and had peaches and cream skin.’
- ‘Her peaches and cream skin looked so soft, he wanted to touch it.’
- ‘She had beautiful blue eyes and peaches and cream skin that practically glowed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.