One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bright green colour like that of a pea.
greenish, viridescentView synonyms
- ‘Will watched the walls turn from a pea green to an ivory color.’
- ‘I spoke a little more quickly that time, as Cherry started getting sick to her stomach and her face started turning a faint shade of pea-green.’
- ‘Although the base of the bed was old and worn (a disgusting dirty pea green - its pattern long-since worn away) the mattress I'd bought with it had been quite new.’
- ‘In a work from 2002, an array of small dots includes pale turquoise, pea green, powdery indigo and several shades of delicate gray.’
- ‘The dry earth is embroidered with strange succulents all in the same shade of pale pea-green.’
- ‘The late May sun shone through the windows with golden haze that turned the dark green kitchen to a musky pea green.’
- ‘The walls were the same shade of pea green as the canned soup that dad served us on the nights he liked to refer to as ‘family dinner night’.’
- ‘The colors are mostly solid and bright (oh, that metallic pea green!) and the black levels are evenly dark without any gray tints.’
- ‘But as long as you try to control yourself and don't foolishly imagine that the divine suit in a less-than-divine shade of pea-green will flatter you, you'll easily steer a safe and fruitful path through the bargains quicksand.’
- ‘Japanese maples can have wonderfully colored bark, in hues ranging from pea green to orange and pink.’
- ‘Typically, the harshly exaggerated modeling of the flesh bears a complementary coloristic relationship to the ground, which in the case of 1863 is somewhere between pea green and olive drab.’
- ‘This particular apartment had been decorated an ugly pea-green with hardwood floors and red plaid furniture.’
- ‘Stems maintain red color, but fronds age to pea green.’
- ‘The food dye makes them look uncomfortably bold and brash with their poor flowers and leaves coloured pea green and orange, bright red and even blue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.