One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A palmtop computer that functions as a personal organizer but also provides email and Internet access.
1990s: abbreviation of personal digital assistant.
A public display of affection.‘Donna and James were spied indulging in a PDA’as modifier ‘at least your embarrassing PDA moment wasn't caught on camera’
- ‘This pair too got tempted to indulge in PDA on TV.’
- ‘Then again, we don't blame them for pouring on a little PDA.’
- ‘Successful office romancers agree: keep PDA away from the office.’
- ‘The pair then engaged in yet another PDA with a very public smooch in his black Bentley convertible.’
- ‘The couple got caught up in the moment as they shared a passionate PDA in the garden outside their villa.’
- ‘We have exclusive photos of their super-romantic PDA session.’
- ‘The pretty blonde and her beau put on an extremely passionate PDA as they enjoyed a holiday in the Canary Islands.’
- ‘Their tumultuous affair and highly-publicised PDA regularly grabbed the headlines.’
- ‘Even married couples experience awkward PDA moments.’
- ‘The French Riviera turned out to be the perfect spot for two couples to pack on the PDA.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.