One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(on a website) an arrangement whereby access is restricted to users who have paid to subscribe to the site.
- ‘Implementing a newspaper paywall is a comparatively straightforward task.’
- ‘Recap is not the first to liberate these documents from behind the paywall.’
- ‘It could have done what you say while still keeping some print columnists and the archives behind a paywall.’
- ‘Actually, you're right… their site also uses breakable URLs and puts everything behind a pay wall.’
- ‘And don't think some smart media execs and entrepreneurs aren't salivating over the opportunity of some major publications to go behind the paywall.’
- ‘Then, sometimes, after some time of free availability the content may be moved back behind the paywall into some kind of archive.’
- ‘The Wall Street Journal did a story today - behind the pay wall - about Hollywood squeezing above-the-title movie actors in light of the current economic system.’
- ‘Being a former medical professional I can tell you locking up research info behind paywalls is a heinous crime!’
- ‘Please, please, please, please, please DO put all of your incestuous pro-state propaganda masquerading as news behind a paywall.’
- ‘The paywall is one kind of black curtain: this is a more deadly one.’
- ‘Assuming this rate holds, you can turn 1,000,000 daily visitors into 50 paying visitors with a paywall.’
- ‘Techdirt puts up a paywall, and up and coming copyright blogs can now fly under its wings, by stealing that paywall content!’
- ‘But it will only be temporary: the thing about a paywall is that you want people to keep paying.’
- ‘The irony here though is that Techdirt, having preached against such paywalls, goes and sets one up itself!’
- ‘The full story is behind a paywall.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the articles are all behind paywalls.’
- ‘The New York Times has finally killed its paywall.’
- ‘I'm not saying whether they should or shouldn't use paywalls or anything like that.’
- ‘Why did they take down the pay wall?’
- ‘Solutions bandied about include digital subscriptions (a la Wall Street Journal and Financial Times), pay walls and micropayments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.