One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Television broadcasting in which viewers pay by subscription to watch a particular channel.
- ‘BBC channel share is significantly higher in Freeview homes than in pay TV homes.’
- ‘Aside from advertising clients plus their families and friends, they're all watching the action on pay TV!’
- ‘However, with the limitations of one outlet per household in Australian pay TV, the lounge room has again become the focus of family television viewing in some Australian homes.’
- ‘There could be a shift from programmes financed through advertising, to programmes funded through pay television, which allowed ‘conditional access’ to viewers.’
- ‘Under the management of the French government, it added advertising agencies, bus-tour companies, and pay television to its portfolio.’
- ‘Stay away from cable and professional financial services, but look favourably on radio, pay TV, directories and professional publishing.’
- ‘As it stands the rules apply to pay TV licencees and not channel providers, such as Premier Media and Fox Sports.’
- ‘In his opinion, what's more relevant is the size of the market in Australia and whether we can reasonably expect a highly competitive pay television environment.’
- ‘It's hard to deny that stealing pay TV, like selling a pirated CD, is a form of theft.’
- ‘It is true that the current policy was devised for an older media landscape, before pay television, the Internet and digital broadcasting.’
- ‘People who wanted pay television had options with more channels, and they largely went for them.’
- ‘The idea is to boost knowledge and generate material for the National Geographic Magazine and pay television channel.’
- ‘The biggest changes have been in personal communication - the internet, the mobile phone and pay TV.’
- ‘And the rugby league match was the most watched program on pay television last week, with an estimated 600,000 viewers.’
- ‘A group of electricity companies will next month release a report on why it's a good idea for them to get into telecommunications and pay television.’
- ‘It stands to reason there's not much point advertising for pay TV subscribers on your own channel.’
- ‘An oft-quoted maxim in the technology and communications sector was that 40% of UK homes would never subscribe to pay TV.’
- ‘However pay television's artificial limit of one television set per household reinstated the living room as a family space.’
- ‘Indeed, the premier on BBC1 pulled in more than 10 million viewers, which in the age of multitudes of pay TV channels is a huge number.’
- ‘This is where the commercial networks and pay TV can't agree.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.