One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Television broadcasting in which viewers pay by subscription to watch a particular channel.
- ‘An oft-quoted maxim in the technology and communications sector was that 40% of UK homes would never subscribe to pay TV.’
- ‘However, with the limitations of one outlet per household in Australian pay TV, the lounge room has again become the focus of family television viewing in some Australian homes.’
- ‘However pay television's artificial limit of one television set per household reinstated the living room as a family space.’
- ‘The biggest changes have been in personal communication - the internet, the mobile phone and pay TV.’
- ‘A group of electricity companies will next month release a report on why it's a good idea for them to get into telecommunications and pay television.’
- ‘This is where the commercial networks and pay TV can't agree.’
- ‘BBC channel share is significantly higher in Freeview homes than in pay TV homes.’
- ‘Aside from advertising clients plus their families and friends, they're all watching the action on pay TV!’
- ‘It is true that the current policy was devised for an older media landscape, before pay television, the Internet and digital broadcasting.’
- ‘Stay away from cable and professional financial services, but look favourably on radio, pay TV, directories and professional publishing.’
- ‘There could be a shift from programmes financed through advertising, to programmes funded through pay television, which allowed ‘conditional access’ to viewers.’
- ‘And the rugby league match was the most watched program on pay television last week, with an estimated 600,000 viewers.’
- ‘It's hard to deny that stealing pay TV, like selling a pirated CD, is a form of theft.’
- ‘Indeed, the premier on BBC1 pulled in more than 10 million viewers, which in the age of multitudes of pay TV channels is a huge number.’
- ‘As it stands the rules apply to pay TV licencees and not channel providers, such as Premier Media and Fox Sports.’
- ‘In his opinion, what's more relevant is the size of the market in Australia and whether we can reasonably expect a highly competitive pay television environment.’
- ‘Under the management of the French government, it added advertising agencies, bus-tour companies, and pay television to its portfolio.’
- ‘It stands to reason there's not much point advertising for pay TV subscribers on your own channel.’
- ‘The idea is to boost knowledge and generate material for the National Geographic Magazine and pay television channel.’
- ‘People who wanted pay television had options with more channels, and they largely went for them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.