One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pay much more than a fair price.‘they paid through the nose for one-to-one intensive tuition’
- ‘For this, you need to know that you will pay through the nose; in fact you may well bleed through the nose when you see the bill.’
- ‘But you'll be paying through the nose for four years whereas I'll only have to survive a few more semesters.’
- ‘More and more people are keeping pets as companions or substitutes for children, and paying through the nose for the privilege’
- ‘The people don't want to pay through the nose for even more spin.’
- ‘Detractors complain about the outrageous prices of tickets, yet punters have not stopped paying through the nose.’
- ‘We were paying through the nose for everything.’
- ‘People no longer have to compromise their standards or pay through the nose.’
- ‘Most cars drive better on the standard fit wheel, so you could be paying through the nose to make driving slightly less comfortable.’
- ‘Many companies must be paying through the nose on employees' medical bills.’
- ‘The charge payers are paying through the nose for nothing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.