One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An artist who draws with coloured chalks on paving stones or paper laid on a pavement to earn money from passers-by.
- ‘As a matter of fact, the sight of pavement artists outside the National Gallery gave me the idea of decorating the vestibule.’
- ‘A group of young pavement artists took the opportunity to show off their winning talents in the centre of York.’
- ‘And, outside on the sidewalk, a pavement artist transforms a wall that was used as a urinal into a religious mural that becomes a public shrine.’
- ‘I'd been trudging round the town in a bit of a mood for a while when I came across a pavement artist - a girl about twenty, I guess.’
- ‘A pavement artist was ordered to wipe clean the front wall of Pembroke's 200-year-old town hall after his drawing of a colourful serpent annoyed the council.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.