One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Meanwhile, the country continued to descend deeper into fragmentation, general pauperism, and mutual predacity.’
- ‘A creeping process of impoverishment ensued, accelerating progressively to become the generally recognized pauperism of the nineteenth century.’
- ‘As land increases in value, poverty deepens and pauperism appears.’
- ‘Nothing intrinsic to that process forces people into pauperism.’
- ‘It offered a solution to the problems of rural congestion, pauperism, and starvation that had afflicted so many countries before 1848.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.