One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who dives for paua to eat or to sell.‘paua divers helped to seal leaks from a sinking trawler’
- ‘Stewart Island paua divers should be permitted to use scuba, as Chatham Island divers are, to minimise their time in the water.’
- ‘Experienced fishermen have warned sharks are now approaching and following boats, putting paua divers and other water users at risk.’
- ‘The paua industry is calling for a moratorium on great white shark cage dive operations in order to reduce risks to paua divers and local communities.’
- ‘A local paua diver located the body inside the submerged wreckage.’
- ‘They alerted the committee to the risks shark cage diving poses for commercial paua divers and the Stewart Island community.’
- ‘He has been a commercial paua diver for 16 years.’
- ‘The new rules also limit the activity to one location to minimise the impact on commercial paua divers who have also expressed concerns the operations may put them at risk of shark attack.’
- ‘Paua divers are appealing to Parliament for help with their number one workplace hazard - increasingly aggressive great white sharks.’
- ‘A paua diver with more than 30 years' experience, he helped establish Victoria's burgeoning abalone pearl aquaculture business.’
- ‘Local boaties came to the assistance of four paua divers when their boat overturned in strong wind gusts yesterday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.