One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a patron saint.‘the patronal festival of the parish church of St Peter’
- ‘Since Sunday, October 31, is the eve of All Saints day, the service will be treated as the church's patronal service.’
- ‘And tomorrow is a special day, because it is the patronal festival, and there is big music to do.’
- ‘In addition to the national festival of the Virgin of Meritxell, each parroquia has its own patronal festival.’
- ‘On Sunday, I was back at church singing for the patronal festival and a visit from the Bishop of Edinburgh.’
- ‘Although very powerful, the emperor did not usurp all patronal resources.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.