One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a patron saint.‘the patronal festival of the parish church of St Peter’
- ‘Since Sunday, October 31, is the eve of All Saints day, the service will be treated as the church's patronal service.’
- ‘Although very powerful, the emperor did not usurp all patronal resources.’
- ‘On Sunday, I was back at church singing for the patronal festival and a visit from the Bishop of Edinburgh.’
- ‘And tomorrow is a special day, because it is the patronal festival, and there is big music to do.’
- ‘In addition to the national festival of the Virgin of Meritxell, each parroquia has its own patronal festival.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.