One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of Christian theology that deals with the lives, writings, and doctrines of the early Christian theologians.
- ‘His core scholarly work has been in patristics and the history of spirituality, with major works on Arius and St. Teresa of Avila.’
- ‘Scripture, patristics, international relations and the history of art are a few examples.’
- ‘Indeed, if anything, I'd like to see a deeper engagement, including more patristics.’
- ‘First of all it has to be said that, according to patristics experts, the iconic nature of priesthood is never used by the church fathers as an argument against the ordination of women as priests.’
- ‘And the tradition of patristics teaching being fed into current theological discussion is also showing signs of renewal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.