One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This study was designed to measure the degree of Y-chromosome structure on a global scale and to test the global applicability of the patrilocality hypothesis.’
- ‘Interestingly, a high level of polygyny and extreme patrilocality have been proposed as probable causes of the low Y-chromosome and high mtDNA diversity observed in West New Guinea populations.’
- ‘Patrilineality and patrilocality are more important among the western Enga, whereas multilocality is the norm for the Ipili.’
- ‘In North Pentecost, the spiralling relationships that oscillate between matriliny and patrilocality present women with a double burden.’
- ‘That idea was based on a common marriage practice called patrilocality, wherein women tended to move from their natal village to their husbands' village.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.