One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His flaming patricidal letter never came off the press, and his poem of political protest also did not see the light of day either in its entirety or in its original form in his own life time.’
- ‘What could twelve murderous, incestuous, patricidal, wrathful, neurotic deities possibly find to loathe about Pan?’
- ‘But the current younger generation, at least as it is on view here, doesn't have any of the patricidal or matricidal tendencies that young artists used to have.’
- ‘Only when denied of what he wanted most can he be free of patricidal guilt and be truly faithful to his ultimate love, Harry.’
- ‘Soon, the contest heats up with greed, lust, and patricidal tendencies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.