One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large glass sliding door leading to a patio, garden, or balcony.
- ‘Additional features include understairs storage with shelving and a sliding patio door to the garden.’
- ‘They planned to return soon, so they left the patio door slightly ajar.’
- ‘At the foot of the stairs, a sliding patio door opens to the rear garden.’
- ‘The property has a living room with maple floor, ornamental fireplace and a patio door opening onto a balcony.’
- ‘The living room features an eye-catching stone fireplace with a marble inset and hearth, as well as a patio door to the balcony.’
- ‘The glass patio door was open causing the curtains to sway in the wind.’
- ‘This leads into a double utility room with a patio door that opens onto a private, paved garden overlooking the coast.’
- ‘The dining room spans the width of the house and has a patio door to the side garden.’
- ‘A patio door from the living room leads to a south-west facing sun terrace of 14 square metres.’
- ‘The kitchen has a tiled floor, recessed lighting and rear garden access through a patio door.’
- ‘A back window was broken and the patio door was wide open.’
- ‘Liz walked through the patio door as Steven walked through the front door.’
- ‘Beside it the dining room is also a good size and includes more cornicing and a sliding patio door to the rear garden.’
- ‘A sliding patio door leads to the south-west facing balcony, which has room for two chairs and a small barbecue.’
- ‘Additional features include a serving hatch through to the kitchen and a patio door leading out to the garden.’
- ‘A patio door in the dining area leads to the secluded rear garden.’
- ‘Off the den, another door lead to a laundry room, and a sliding glass patio door opened out onto a deck.’
- ‘There is access to the rear garden from here via a glass paned patio door.’
- ‘There are loft-style high ceilings as well as large glass windows incorporating a patio door to a balcony.’
- ‘Install screen guards or window stops and doorstops on your patio door to protect your children from falling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.