One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large glass sliding door leading to a patio, garden, or balcony.
- ‘The property has a living room with maple floor, ornamental fireplace and a patio door opening onto a balcony.’
- ‘They planned to return soon, so they left the patio door slightly ajar.’
- ‘There are loft-style high ceilings as well as large glass windows incorporating a patio door to a balcony.’
- ‘Additional features include a serving hatch through to the kitchen and a patio door leading out to the garden.’
- ‘A patio door from the living room leads to a south-west facing sun terrace of 14 square metres.’
- ‘At the foot of the stairs, a sliding patio door opens to the rear garden.’
- ‘A back window was broken and the patio door was wide open.’
- ‘Additional features include understairs storage with shelving and a sliding patio door to the garden.’
- ‘The kitchen has a tiled floor, recessed lighting and rear garden access through a patio door.’
- ‘The dining room spans the width of the house and has a patio door to the side garden.’
- ‘The living room features an eye-catching stone fireplace with a marble inset and hearth, as well as a patio door to the balcony.’
- ‘Install screen guards or window stops and doorstops on your patio door to protect your children from falling.’
- ‘Off the den, another door lead to a laundry room, and a sliding glass patio door opened out onto a deck.’
- ‘A sliding patio door leads to the south-west facing balcony, which has room for two chairs and a small barbecue.’
- ‘Beside it the dining room is also a good size and includes more cornicing and a sliding patio door to the rear garden.’
- ‘The glass patio door was open causing the curtains to sway in the wind.’
- ‘This leads into a double utility room with a patio door that opens onto a private, paved garden overlooking the coast.’
- ‘A patio door in the dining area leads to the secluded rear garden.’
- ‘Liz walked through the patio door as Steven walked through the front door.’
- ‘There is access to the rear garden from here via a glass paned patio door.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.