One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that shows tolerance of delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.‘the assembled hordes waited patiently to get in’‘he patiently explained the pros and cons’
- ‘At the matinee, Emily patiently sat in my lap.’
- ‘He has spent an inordinate amount of time patiently communicating how he wants the company to change.’
- ‘The writings of great masters and new pioneers continue to inspire my artistic journey, and my dancers have patiently travelled along with me.’
- ‘Patiently, he told me how he got into what we now call stand-up comedy by accident.’
- ‘He listened patiently, and gave thanks in polite and measured tones.’
- ‘His scenes with Ruth, whom he's patiently helping to work through her own traumas, are the film's best.’
- ‘He patiently guided my interest in Buddhist art for a decade thereafter.’
- ‘A young man patiently collects cash from each woman, then makes a notation in her loan book.’
- ‘Its struggle to overcome the stigma of stereotyping is captured patiently, yet there is never a dull moment.’
- ‘The film patiently follows her through each phase of her initiation into convent life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.