Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The disordered physiological processes associated with disease or injury:‘intracranial hypertension contributes to the pathophysiology of this condition’
- ‘The pathophysiology of brain abscess is probably different.’
- ‘The pathophysiology of dyspepsia is not well understood.’
- ‘The cause and pathophysiology of fibromyalgia are unknown.’
- ‘Perhaps the inflammation and pathophysiology are different between the sheep and mice.’
- ‘This positive concordance should reflect the pathophysiology of the disease process.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.