Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The manner of development of a disease.
- ‘Epstein-Barr virus may play a role in the pathogenesis of this disease.’
- ‘These anatomic descriptions continue to form the basis of studies of the pathogenesis of this disease.’
- ‘We also explore the current views on the pathogenesis of thyroid eye disease and their clinical implications.’
- ‘An integral part of the pathogenesis of disease requires bacteria to become associated with the host cells.’
- ‘Very little is understood about the pathogenesis of disease in this group.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.