The manner of development of a disease.
- ‘Epstein-Barr virus may play a role in the pathogenesis of this disease.’
- ‘These anatomic descriptions continue to form the basis of studies of the pathogenesis of this disease.’
- ‘We also explore the current views on the pathogenesis of thyroid eye disease and their clinical implications.’
- ‘An integral part of the pathogenesis of disease requires bacteria to become associated with the host cells.’
- ‘Very little is understood about the pathogenesis of disease in this group.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.