One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The overall length of the path followed by a light ray or sound wave.
- ‘A wave refers to an optical path length that may not equal a physical distance in the optics.’
- ‘Therefore it follows that the path length corresponding to the coherence time is called the coherence length.’
- ‘Without amplification, a single photon traveling a marathon path length doesn't make a difference.’
- ‘Average path length is 3.1 for the actual networks and 6.6 for the random networks.’
- ‘The path length for the laser flash between the quartz window and the fiber was 0.5 mm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.