Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The overall length of the path followed by a light ray or sound wave.
- ‘Therefore it follows that the path length corresponding to the coherence time is called the coherence length.’
- ‘A wave refers to an optical path length that may not equal a physical distance in the optics.’
- ‘Without amplification, a single photon traveling a marathon path length doesn't make a difference.’
- ‘The path length for the laser flash between the quartz window and the fiber was 0.5 mm.’
- ‘Average path length is 3.1 for the actual networks and 6.6 for the random networks.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.