One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The overall length of the path followed by a light ray or sound wave.
- ‘Therefore it follows that the path length corresponding to the coherence time is called the coherence length.’
- ‘Average path length is 3.1 for the actual networks and 6.6 for the random networks.’
- ‘The path length for the laser flash between the quartz window and the fiber was 0.5 mm.’
- ‘Without amplification, a single photon traveling a marathon path length doesn't make a difference.’
- ‘A wave refers to an optical path length that may not equal a physical distance in the optics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.