Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The condition of being open or unobstructed.‘the procedure was successful in restoring the patency of the fallopian tubes’as modifier ‘patency rates’
- ‘Most patients will maintain airway patency although some may require intubation with mechanical ventilation.’
- ‘We also found that nasal patency decreased as room temperatures increased.’
- ‘In 80-90 % of cases it is successful in restoring the patency of at least one fallopian tube.’
- ‘Because of the poor prognosis, palliative methods are needed to maintain airway patency.’
- ‘But the possibility of natural conception depends on the tubal patency and ovulatory function.’
- 1.1 The condition of showing detectable parasite infection.‘a complication, once patency is established in the bitch, is contamination of the environment with eggs’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.