One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An economy in which there are areas of growth and areas of decline.‘the initiative will support businesses facing challenges in our patchwork economy’‘the report continues to suggest a patchwork economy, with only service sectors recording positive business conditions’
- ‘The government is acutely aware that our patchwork economy continues to put some Australian businesses and families under pressure.’
- ‘It's the one important issue that everyone commenting on the patchwork economy should understand.’
- ‘For Australia's patchwork economy, held as it has been in the thrall of an investment boom, these changes stretch across industry, sector, geography, and investor type.’
- ‘There has been so much rhetoric from Labour and the patchwork economy and their disassociation of this to the carbon tax.’
- ‘On the surface, it looks like another small business struggling in the patchwork economy.’
- ‘Given the patchwork economy that has beset many businesses, this is an impressive effort.’
- ‘There was little deviation between the states—this was a very uniform month for the so-called patchwork economy.’
- ‘Everyone laments the patchwork economy, but there will be a high price to pay if we try to pump up the non-resources sector while we digest an investment boom.’
- ‘A patchwork economy is still visible in Australia, with some businesses struggling while others show strong growth.’
- ‘There is nothing to suggest that the Australian economy is transitioning away from the patchwork economy of recent years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.