Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A board in a switchboard, computer, or other device with a number of electric sockets that may be connected in various combinations.
- ‘The main distribution facility houses main termination patch panels and supports ‘core’ technology equipment, such as the main data network router and switch.’
- ‘The cables pulled themselves out of the patch panels and switch gear?’
- ‘Many vendors test from the patch panel to the desk and no further.’
- ‘Tobyhanna is also designing and fabricating patch panels that allow the components to be connected in any configuration necessary.’
- ‘A recent carrier business case study looked at a network with a discrete network element configuration totaling 23 bays, including MSPPs, DWDM, ATM, IP router, GigE switch, and patch panel / interconnections.’
- ‘The patch panel should be located in a room that has clean electrical lines for your data switches.’
- ‘Next, add an additional 10% safety margin to the estimated loss to accommodate for distance estimation errors, additional losses resulting from poor splices, patch panels, and allowing for future maintenance (splices, etc.).’
- ‘Examples of Navy CDMs include radios, patch panels, multiplexers and tactical communications data links.’
- ‘The patch panel port numbers should be written on the port switch plates throughout the campus, and also recorded on a wiring diagram.’
- ‘We also carry Cat 5e and Cat 6 cables, fiber optic cables, panels/cabinets, keystone jacks, wall plates, patch panels and tools’
- ‘A great way to get started provided you have a patch panel or analog mixer to serve as a breakout box, and you already have a MIDI interface.’
- ‘Anyway, I tell him to jack a loopback cable into his patch panel.’
- ‘The photo above shows an example of patch panels in each machine room.’
- ‘In the case of electrical machines, this was done typically by plugging wires into sockets on a patch panel (computing machines whose function is determined in this way are referred to as ‘program-controlled’).’
- ‘These systems are the mostly hidden infrastructure of wires, jacks and patch panels that form the foundation of a LAN.’
- ‘The apartments feature structured cabling and patch panels bringing video and audio technology into every room.’
- ‘I calmly replied, ‘Gee sir, those are switches… the patch panel is over here.‘’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.