Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pocket made of a separate piece of cloth sewn on to the outside of a garment.‘a shirtwaister with a full skirt and patch pockets’
- ‘Also, look for jackets featuring minimal lining and patch pockets; they'll remain popular for many seasons to come because they can easily be combined with sportier pants to give you a more relaxed appearance.’
- ‘And since military style is stomping onto the fashion scene, jackets with defined shoulders, sharp cuts and patch pockets are extremely fashionable.’
- ‘Almost all denim garments have bar-tacks at strategic points, such as the top of patch pockets, at the curve on the fly top-stitching, on the belt loops.’
- ‘The pant is a 14-oz. double knit 100% polyester full-length pant, with full elastic waistband, belt loops, metal zipper, and a back patch pocket.’
- ‘Made from 100% rayon, additional details include a patch pocket, open collar, coconut shell buttons and a straight bottom hem.’
- ‘Officers in various forces have been wearing the new uniform, which includes a fleece to replace the normal pullover, and combat-style trousers with patch pockets on the legs.’
- ‘Lumber jackets were well-combined with polo jumpers and patch pockets with dark nuances of blue, green and brown.’
- ‘The tops of patch pockets really place stress on garments.’
- ‘Skip the pleats patch pockets to keep things streamlined.’
- ‘The desert camouflage night pattern trousers have a front opening, two-side slit type openings with flaps, and two hip patch pockets with flaps.’
- ‘Her pants were khaki wide-leg French twill pants with sailor-style side-button closures and two back patch pockets.’
- ‘Side 1 features designer patch pockets with hidden security pockets inside. Side 2 has two patch pockets with zipper closures.’
- ‘The patch pocket on her jacket was supposed to have been ripped off.’
- ‘Experiment with the placement of applied details, such as patch pockets, appliqués and braid trims.’
- ‘All that's needed is a canvas khaki green belt, or even a jacket with patch pockets and very defined shoulders.’
- ‘With ageless patch pockets, elasticated cuffs and waist band, this is a must.’
- ‘On the denim vest pictured, for example, replace or cover the original patch pockets and upper collar with fringing fabric.’
- ‘It features a left chest patch pocket, a clean front, and a shirttail hem.’
- ‘You can find some with patch pockets and/or elbow patches, others with big lapels and double-sided vents, but they all contribute to a revival of retro looks, circa the late '70s.’
- ‘Made of 100% cotton, 5-oz. twill, these button-downs have fine details like double-needle stitching for added durability, patch pockets and button-down collars.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.