One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Land used as pasture.
- ‘We were based near Parthenay, in an area noted for its rolling pastureland, reclaimed marshes, and a pretty breed of red beef cattle, the Parthenaise.’
- ‘The strongest relationships involved positive correlations among hayfields, pasturelands, and cover crops.’
- ‘It will produce a year's worth of gas and enough water to turn the state of Rhode Island into a foot-deep lake - a blessing in arid Wyoming if the water weren't so saline that it destroys pasturelands.’
- ‘‘We studied different land cover changes for cropland data sets in combination with pasturelands,’ Jain said.’
- ‘The villagers also agreed to devote one day every week towards voluntary work to help develop the pastureland.’
- ‘And those hills are the pasturelands of Chuquiñapi, a village that I have traveled to several times.’
- ‘You'll see pasturelands, areas made into wasteland by cornfields.’
- ‘It was intended to keep the rabbits, that were in plague proportions, on one side, and the pasturelands on the other, preserving them for farming.’
- ‘Numerous species exhibited significant association with changes in number of cows, or the availability of pasturelands, hayfields, and farm woods, but the number of positive and negative correlations was similar.’
- ‘Multiple regression analysis shows that lakes in watersheds with large areas in pasturelands have low N: P, whereas lakes in watersheds dominated by row-cropping have systematically high N: P. Lakes in watersheds…’
- ‘Changes in area of hayfields and pasturelands were likewise positively correlated.’
- ‘The journey north-west from Edinburgh is a delight, with lush pasturelands giving way to the rugged beauty of the Trossachs and then Argyll and the western seaboard.’
- ‘The study area is a fragmented landscape of lowland tropical rainforest surrounded by roads, cultivated fields and pasturelands.’
- ‘Habitat types range from pasturelands, fallow lands, cereal croplands, shrublands, and holm-oak lands.’
- ‘The bright blue waters and the pure white snow-capped peaks set each other off appealingly, while hordes of cattle and sheep wander across the lush pastureland by the lakeside.’
- ‘Like Scotland, Wales has a wild, inspiring beauty, its narrow coastal pasturelands rising dramatically into the high peaks of the Brecon Beacons, the Black Mountains and lofty Snowdonia.’
- ‘The high pastureland was lush with grass, sere and tussocky now after the summer's heat, and it sort of rolled, building itself up in a series of slow waves into the foothills of the Sierras.’
- ‘But here in Lesotho… boys as young as seven or eight forgo the lessons of the classroom for lonely days in the country's golden pasturelands.’
- ‘At Monasterevin it turns southwards and makes its way through the rich tillage and pasturelands of Kildare, Carlow and Kilkenny, passing through the towns of Athy and Carlow along the way.’
- ‘On New Zealand's rugged landscapes aerial topdressing of pasturelands was widely adopted, and helped boost productivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.