One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment on which livestock are bred.‘an unfenced main road passes through the pastoral property’
- ‘By the 1890s, many of the pastoral properties were cut up for farming.’
- ‘He joined others to speculate in and develop pastoral properties along the Murray and Lachlan rivers.’
- ‘Recently, many of the pastoral properties have opened their gates to welcome the tourist.’
- ‘At the time, he owned sheep pastoral properties in Western Australia.’
- ‘They advertised some of their pastoral properties for sale, probably to raise the necessary money to finance their expansionary activities.’
- ‘One of South Australia's iconic pastoral runs is being offered at auction next month.’
- ‘Mount Pierre is one of some 116 pastoral properties around Australia now owned by Aboriginal people.’
- ‘Birdsville, in the middle of nowhere with a population of about 100 people, is the service centre for outlying pastoral properties.’
- ‘One of Western Australia's longest-held pastoral properties goes up for auction today in Perth.’
- ‘It was one of three Northern Territory pastoral properties to be purchased through the council on behalf of its traditional Aboriginal owners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.