One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment on which livestock are bred.‘an unfenced main road passes through the pastoral property’
- ‘He joined others to speculate in and develop pastoral properties along the Murray and Lachlan rivers.’
- ‘At the time, he owned sheep pastoral properties in Western Australia.’
- ‘Recently, many of the pastoral properties have opened their gates to welcome the tourist.’
- ‘Mount Pierre is one of some 116 pastoral properties around Australia now owned by Aboriginal people.’
- ‘One of Western Australia's longest-held pastoral properties goes up for auction today in Perth.’
- ‘They advertised some of their pastoral properties for sale, probably to raise the necessary money to finance their expansionary activities.’
- ‘By the 1890s, many of the pastoral properties were cut up for farming.’
- ‘It was one of three Northern Territory pastoral properties to be purchased through the council on behalf of its traditional Aboriginal owners.’
- ‘One of South Australia's iconic pastoral runs is being offered at auction next month.’
- ‘Birdsville, in the middle of nowhere with a population of about 100 people, is the service centre for outlying pastoral properties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.