One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A commercial enterprise engaged in the large-scale breeding of livestock.‘they operate as traditional pastoral companies, trading in wool and livestock’
- ‘They ensured that regional lands remained locked away in the grip of the giant pastoral companies and kings in grass castles.’
- ‘Despite now having the biggest herd for a pastoral company in Australia's history, the chairman called the financial result that year "disappointing".’
- ‘By the 1880s the financial institutions of these centres were firmly interconnected, symbolised by the merging of the two leading pastoral companies.’
- ‘For the big pastoral companies with their billions in profits, tax breaks and government handouts, it's business as usual.’
- ‘Over the past two years the company has transformed itself from being a traditional pastoral company to being a food company.’
- ‘It consisted mostly of real estate and interest in pastoral companies.’
- ‘Half the cattle were sold for slaughter, while the rest were moved to other properties owned by one of Australia's best known pastoral companies.’
- ‘A decision is imminent on the future of Australia's largest pastoral company.’
- ‘One of the nation's other major pastoral companies has already bought property in the territory.’
- ‘The stockman's image took a bit of a knock, however, when some of the larger pastoral companies decided their stockmen should be wearing riding helmets when out on the range.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.