One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The last two weeks of Lent.
- ‘For all those who missed the Passiontide concert last Easter, here is an opportunity to come along and enjoy another performance of a wonderful selection of music.’
- ‘Eastertide it might be, but Arvo Pärt's Passio is still nevertheless a valuable contribution to Passiontide musical literature.’
- ‘His sacred music, which includes important Lutheran motets, is often strongly descriptive and emotional, showing especially anguished word-painting in the works for Passiontide.’
- ‘Featuring works written specially for Passiontide and the season of Lent, the CD also has music by JS Bach, Lotti, SS Wesley, Gibbons, Ireland and Hurford.’
- ‘It is sometimes called patience-dock or passion-dock, the former name by confusion with the latter and the latter because associated by Christians with the Passion and eaten at Passiontide.’
- ‘The Pro Nobis Singers will perform under conductor Clive Walkley on Sunday when they present Behold the Man - a programme of music for Passiontide at Natland's St Mark's Church.’
- ‘The message of Passiontide and Easter is at the same time joyful and unsettling.’
- ‘The transition from Passiontide to Easter will be via Franck's Choral No.3 in A minor for organ, and the cello and organ then combine in Bach's Sonata in D major which is a joyful resurrection piece.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.