One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A string of characters used as a password, especially to gain access to a computer or smartphone.‘the built-in Wi-Fi found my home network and connected to it quickly, once I entered my passcode’
- ‘The user then manually types this passcode into the computer at the appropriate prompt.’
- ‘Then I'm asked for the first and fourth digits of my five-digit passcode.’
- ‘They were notified via e-mail, given a secret passcode.’
- ‘For small payments at vending machines, the passcode is not even required.’
- ‘Within minutes, the passcode will be e-mailed to the member.’
- ‘The passcode worked a bit too well for us: We had a hard time remembering our pattern on several occasions.’
- ‘The user tries three times to enter the correct passcode on the phone.’
- ‘Each person who needs to take the course is given a passcode.’
- ‘Short of tattooing it on the hand, there are three easy ways for members to find their passcode.’
- ‘Use the Change Password button to change the passcode, which can be any set of numbers of any length.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.