One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A defensive player who charges toward the quarterback at the line of scrimmage in an attempt to prevent a pass.‘if the lineman doesn't hold the pass rusher, the quarterback may end up getting his head knocked off’
- ‘First-round draft picks were skill position guys, pass rushers or linemen.’
- ‘He was the best interior pass rusher on the team.’
- ‘He has great use of the hands for a pass rusher.’
- ‘The quick-hitting throws were clearly part of the game plan against Buffalo's superior pass rushers.’
- ‘He's an athletic linebacker with short area burst who's also a solid pass rusher.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.