One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Successfully complete the first stage of an undertaking.‘home builders can't actually pass go unless they sell the houses’
- ‘However, it's becoming increasingly apparent that if I go, I won't get my thesis done, won't be able to pass go, and won't collect my $200.’
- ‘Cars do not pass go and collect $200.’
- ‘And if I happen to tell you I think something's a deal-breaker, that does not mean break the deal, do not pass go.’
- ‘But unless we apply the knowledge that we have gained, we cannot pass go, as it were.’
- ‘Nor have I got a pass go collect £200 option either.’
- ‘This guy wakes up in the morning, does not pass go, does not collect $200, but drinks a soda and eats a Pop-Tart with no crust.’
- ‘Where the real housing industry varies enormously from the pretend world of real estate tycoons is that home builders can't actually pass go unless they sell the houses.’
- ‘If a mother runs a fever during labor for any amount of time, the baby goes directly to NICU, does not pass go, does not collect 200 dollars.’
- ‘Yup, I see him leapfrogging Triple-A, passing go, and collecting $200 four million dollars before the year is out.’
- ‘All of this newest craze will undoubtedly be judged by how many times we "pass go" on the boards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.