One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Successfully complete the first stage of an undertaking.‘home builders can't actually pass go unless they sell the houses’
- ‘And if I happen to tell you I think something's a deal-breaker, that does not mean break the deal, do not pass go.’
- ‘If a mother runs a fever during labor for any amount of time, the baby goes directly to NICU, does not pass go, does not collect 200 dollars.’
- ‘Nor have I got a pass go collect £200 option either.’
- ‘This guy wakes up in the morning, does not pass go, does not collect $200, but drinks a soda and eats a Pop-Tart with no crust.’
- ‘Cars do not pass go and collect $200.’
- ‘All of this newest craze will undoubtedly be judged by how many times we "pass go" on the boards.’
- ‘Yup, I see him leapfrogging Triple-A, passing go, and collecting $200 four million dollars before the year is out.’
- ‘But unless we apply the knowledge that we have gained, we cannot pass go, as it were.’
- ‘Where the real housing industry varies enormously from the pretend world of real estate tycoons is that home builders can't actually pass go unless they sell the houses.’
- ‘However, it's becoming increasingly apparent that if I go, I won't get my thesis done, won't be able to pass go, and won't collect my $200.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.