Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Die.‘she passed away in her sleep’
- ‘The match was preceded by a minutes silence, in memory of former Boleskine player Johnny Kennedy, who passed away this week.’
- ‘Please say prayers for the soul of Hungarian amateur great Lazlo Papp, who passed away earlier this month.’
- ‘The best guy out there to ever come into wrestling has passed away.’
- ‘Born into a family of twelve, Malachy was the last member of his family to pass away.’
- ‘Additionally, Gerry Thomas, the inventor of the TV dinner, has also passed away at the age of 83.’
- ‘He was the first member of my family to pass away quite young.’
- ‘The company is expected to name a chairman at the end of the month to replace Anthony Jacelon who passed away earlier this year.’
- ‘My mum was poorly, then she passed away.’
- ‘The book is dedicated to the memory of Maura Burns of Ferrybank who recently passed away.’
- ‘Sadly, despite putting up a tough fight to beat the cancer, Daniel passed away two weeks ago.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.