One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Die.‘she passed away in her sleep’
- ‘Born into a family of twelve, Malachy was the last member of his family to pass away.’
- ‘My mum was poorly, then she passed away.’
- ‘Please say prayers for the soul of Hungarian amateur great Lazlo Papp, who passed away earlier this month.’
- ‘The company is expected to name a chairman at the end of the month to replace Anthony Jacelon who passed away earlier this year.’
- ‘He was the first member of my family to pass away quite young.’
- ‘The book is dedicated to the memory of Maura Burns of Ferrybank who recently passed away.’
- ‘Additionally, Gerry Thomas, the inventor of the TV dinner, has also passed away at the age of 83.’
- ‘The best guy out there to ever come into wrestling has passed away.’
- ‘Sadly, despite putting up a tough fight to beat the cancer, Daniel passed away two weeks ago.’
- ‘The match was preceded by a minutes silence, in memory of former Boleskine player Johnny Kennedy, who passed away this week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.