One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessively critical.‘the commentary ranges from cutting to downright pass-remarkable’
- ‘People need to be less pass remarkable. Each to their own.’
- ‘When it comes to size, I think people are so pass remarkable.’
- ‘What surprised her during her study was how pass-remarkable they were with constant references to their friends' weight.’
- ‘Since taking over this job, I am very pass-remarkable about what people are eating and drinking.’
- ‘Why is everybody so pass remarkable about other people?’
1920s: from the idea of ‘passing remarks’ + -able.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.