One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A lamb sacrificed at Passover.
- ‘Passover, or Pesach as it's called in Hebrew, might be familiar to some people who are familiar with the word paschal lamb.’
- ‘The Tosefta's seder, I am suggesting, is an early attempt at fashioning a Passover night celebration without a paschal lamb.’
- ‘The paschal lamb could be legally slain and the blood and fat offered only in the national sanctuary.’
- ‘The paschal lamb must of course be regarded as the leading feature in the ceremonial of the festival.’
- ‘In honor of the paschal lamb, lamb dishes are appropriate, as are salads in honor of the first greens of the field.’
- 1.1 Christ.
- ‘Among the great variety of typical things, which, under the Mosaic dispensation, were emblematical of Christ and pointed to Him, none was more eminent and expressive than the Paschal Lamb.’
- ‘Christ our Paschal Lamb is offered up for us once for all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.